Löydetty 1 kertaa (viimeksi 06/05/2018 (d/m/y) )
Näytetään, kun arvosteluja on neljä tai enemmän.
The castle in Kwidzyn is actually a large castle-cathedral complex, which connects one fortress with both the cathedral and the castle. The construction of the Castle of the Pomezha Chapter in Kwidzyn began in the 13th century. The main building of this great object was made of stones and bricks. The building has a four-winged form on a square plan. At its corners, towers were erected, and the two-storey cloister in the courtyard. The main building works were completed in the years 1340 - 1350. The building was originally a separate building, but later it was connected with the cathedral, which was completed in the years 1377-1409.
During the Thirteen Years' War, which took place in 1454-1466, Polish troops captured Kwidzyn in September 1460. As a result of the fighting, the bishop's castle was partially destroyed. After the Second Toruń Peace, which was signed in 1466, Kwidzyn remained in Teutonic Prussia. During the last Polish-Teutonic War in 1520, as a result of warfare, and especially after a heavy fire from a cannon carried by the Polish army, the castle was destroyed and the castle's chapel was severely damaged. The first Protestant bishop Paulus Speratus, in 1530s, repaired the capitol castle. After the death of Paulus Speratus in 1551 the building was taken over by the officials of Prince Albrecht Hohenzollern. Since then the castle has become a residence and a government building.
A further significant reconstruction of the castle took place in 1798. It was decided to demolish the eastern wing and the most representative south wing. The decision was dictated by the desire to obtain construction material for other buildings. Fortunately, after 1818, King Friedrich Wilhelm IV issued a regulation prohibiting devastation of the castle. After this decree began reconstruction works, the most important stage of which falls in 1874. After finishing the renovation in 1936, the castle became the seat of the elite Nazi school Hitlerjugend HJ-Ostlandführerschule. The school educating the young adepts of the Nazi death machine operated here until the end of World War II. At the end of the war, Russians entered Kwidzyn. Strangely, unlike the old town, the castle successfully avoided destruction. In December 1949 the castle was taken over by the Ministry of Culture and Art.
Visit at leat the courtyard of the castle.
|Julkaistu :||17/11/2017 (d/m/y) 11:00|
Huomioi, että tällä sivulla esitetyt tiedot voivat olla vanhentuneita tai virheellisiä. Kohteessa käyntiin voi liittyä sääntöjä tai määräyksiä, joita ei ole mainittu tällä sivulla tai olosuhteet kohteessa voivat olla muuttuneet.
Näytä isompana (motocaching sivu)